1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Look what i found...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TesloTorpedo, Oct 8, 2017.

1. I think Max started it but handed over ownership to dave

2. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

NBZ was started as a plugin by Max, who hosted it on Premejo's host in tandem with Crater City (Crater City was shut down later on, obviously).

Eventually due to events IRL, Max sold the server to Dave for $2,000, who raised the money to do so by crowd funding among the community.

There's a few relics of these locations and events scattered around the internet.
    You can find videos of Crater City on YouTube, Forum posts like this, etc.

3. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to mentioned the server has changed hands to Droopy and add link to webpage.

4. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential

There are many relics of NBZ scattered around the internet, as iiz said. With the help of prem, max, Dave, and a few other admins I've sort of put together a chronicle of the behind the scenes NBZ staff regime that I'll release later. If you are having trouble with understanding the current situation, consider droopy the premejo of NavalClash, and me the Dave. Droopy owns and operates the hardware and pays for the server. He is the owner. I run the staff and maintain day to day operations. NBZ really is one of the oldest servers and it's always neat finding a new relic somewhere online. But fear not, as NavalClash will last a long time and will eventually join those relics.

My next goal is to get our server on the front page of a Minecraft Forum article, and then a Minecraft.net post, and then the media. After we fix ship freezing, of course.

5. We could easily get 500/500 online, only a youtuberwith 10k subscribers got us to 50
    So with droopys amazing budget we could boost the player base ALOT.

The_11thDoctor likes this.
  6. Well I'm trying to watch for threads like " does somebody know a good/ WW2 themed server?" And I'ma tell em to try NC out

7. I've got an idea, someone mail DanTDM a message, asking him to check out the server and put it on video if he likes it, Imagine it, 1mil/1mil players online. We would have to create a rank for players there before DanTDM, so ppl could distinguish. (This is a joke)

8. lol

9. Is it a joke?

10. Nc 2020 update : NEW CANNON ROTATION ANIMATION...

All jokes aside I did make a post about how to do it
    http://navalclash.net/Forum/threads/just-a-idea.454/

11. we do need animated cannons, these cannons we have are getting outdated and someday they will be outclasse d by new plugins

12. Seems so, but you dont really NEED to move with time/technology/etc.
    I pretty much like the current stuff - it may be old and ''boring'' but it still works eh?

13. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential

14. Moo

Moo Admin Staff Member Admin

uh NC with 500 people would be pandemonium-atleast 50 staff, docks always clogged, shipyard always needing clearing, arguing, hacking, etc.

Drake_Burping likes this.
  15. Then, why do we have a server for 500 players? And I suppose a staff team with veterans of the nbz server would obviously help a lot.
    And this is currently weird, as Garrett made his video - hundreds of noobs joined, we needed to train them.
    Now only 25-40% of them are really playing here.
    Mostly are only 10 players online at the same time, the highest record was 26 players.

I don't know whats the plan but I would love to get at least 100 people playing at the same time. We have the capacity! Or?

16. Ill start walking around the streets to tell all citizens to join nc!

17. Lol, the old nbz staff team were corrupt

18. Not all of us were.

19. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential

Why haven't you been playing?

Aslad likes this.